Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Abide in His Love

John 15:9
Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

Jesus speaks of the differences between the Father’s commandments and His commandments. As I looked at this, I realized that Jesus said, "love one another, just as I have loved you." Notice that it is not as you love yourself, but as Jesus has loved you. There is a difference from the letter of the law and the law of the Spirit.

There are 5 things that Jesus basically commands us: to believe in Him, to love one another the way that He has loved you, to be baptized in the Holy Spirit, to preach the Kingdom, and to make disciples.

What are the things that the devil is always fighting against? Us believing, loving, being baptized in the Holy Spirit, preaching the Kingdom and making disciples?

That is why the devil is happy to let us be religious, independent and full of ourselves, walking in the traditions of man that keep us divided.

That is why when you are born again, you become spiritual beings in Christ, walking in the Spirit and you are no longer human beings walking in the flesh.

I would encourage you to see what Jesus has commanded you to do, so you will abide in His love.

Blessings
Doug

4 comments:

aaronstrumpel said...

doug, i like what you write...thanks...eat some steak and shrimp for me in case tim doesn't tomorrow night!

Time with Doug said...

hello aaron, you know tim, he will eat anything and everything. just hope he saves some for me. See you in Lima.

Calite said...

Hi Doug! this is Claudia from Juarez Mexico! how have you been? I have come to you blog from time to time. Receive salutes from our pastors and from Luis. We hope you had a good new year beginning. I couldn't remember your email adress. As they say a bad pen is better than a good memory. Any way, is good I can leave comments. My email is nanutita@gmail.com . Say hi to everyone in Lima, from Luis and me.

Claudia

Time with Doug said...

Hello Claudia

Good to hear from you, we had a fun time in Peru. Tell everyone hello for me in Juarez.

Blessings
Doug