Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Being a Friend

Here are a few thoughts on being a friend.

Friends love through all kinds of weather, and families stick together in all kinds of trouble.

Friends come and friends go, but a true friend sticks by you like family.

Faithful are the wounds of a friend; But the kisses of an enemy are profuse.

By yourself you’re unprotected. With a friend you can face the worst. Can you round up a third? A three-stranded rope isn’t easily snapped

This is my command: Love one another the way I loved you. This is the very best way to love. Put your life on the line for your friends. You are my friends when you do the things I command you. I’m no longer calling you servants because servants don’t understand what their master is thinking and planning. No, I’ve named you friends because I’ve let you in on everything I’ve heard from the Father.

Thus the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness,” and he was called the friend of God.

Friendships are eternal, we need to be friend to have a friend.

Let's learn how to be a faithful friend of God's and to one another.

Blessings
Doug

2 comments:

The Styron Family said...

Hi Doug~
Glad to call you and Rita friends.
Looking forward to walking farther down that road together.
Thanks for your words~
Mike & Chen

toddberger said...

Thanks for living this several weeks ago. We had a great time with you and Rita. Looking forward to this next season together.

T&L