Monday, September 28, 2009

Prepare a place for you

I was reading John 14, In My Father's house are many dwelling places.( G3438 a staying, abiding, dwelling, indwelling, to make an abode, this is talking about the Father and Jesus living within us.) if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place ( G5117 place, any portion or space marked off, inhabited place, as a city, village, district) for you. If I go and prepare a place(G5117) for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.

I think we need to understand, that Jesus is not talking about a house for us in heaven after we die, but a place where Jesus and the Father can abide in us here on earth. Where is that place? I believe that it is in Christ. Eph 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

The Father's heart for us to do good works are not in heaven after we die, but here and now on the earth. It is in Him that we live and move and have our being. The works that I do is no longer me, but Christ working though me.

John 14:10-13 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me. The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does is works. Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; otherwise believe because of the works themselves. Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Notice that Jesus told us that He would do it so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. Not that we would be glorified in our ministry. We need to understand, it is all about Him. Jesus told us that He is the radiance of the Father's glory and the exact representation of the Father's nature.

Jesus's heart was to only do that which pleased His Father. I think we need to ask ourself a question here. It is not what we do, but why we are doing it.

Jesus tell us that He has ask the Father to give us another Helper, that He may be with you forever; that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will in you.

I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. After a little while the world will no longer see Me, but you will see Me; because I live, you will live also. In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in Me, and I in you. He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him.

If anyone loves Me, he will keep My words; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.

Are you hearing this, I got excited when I was reading this. Jesus prepare a place for Him and the Father to abide within us. Think about it, the fullness of the Father abides in us. Wow

The Holy Spirit which the Father has sent us in Jesus name, is teaching us all things and bringing to remembrance all that Jesus told us.

We are not orphans, but are sons because Jesus and the Father has made their abode within us.

We didn't choose Him, but He chose us. John 15

Eph 1 the Message puts it this way. How blessed is God! And what a blessing he is! He's the Father of our Master, Jesus Christ, and takes us to the high places of blessings in him. Long before he laid down earth's foundations, he had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of his love, to be made whole and holy by his love. Long ago he decided to adopt us into his family through Jesus Christ. (What pleasure he took in planning this!) He wanted us to enter into the celebration of his lavish gift-giving by the hand of his beloved Son.

Think about these things, and enter His rest, and walk in His peace.

Grace on your journey.

Doug

1 comment:

Mark said...

Doug! GREAT word for us! Makes me think, too, of Ephesians 3 where it talks about us being filled to the fullness of God......amazing! thanks for sharing!